Saturday, March 28, 2015

Where Was Winter

It's Spring now, so the calendar says but it feels like Winter was here for only a long week and then left. That was too bad because the local Ski Area had to close down early. Sue and I not too bummed out about this lack of Winter because we were able to get much needed brush cleared. I've restarted one building project and begun another. My little work-out hut is getting a wooden floor and I'm going to put up a car port. March is nearly gone and my grandson Conor turns 5 year old on April Fools Day. Sue and I will be down in LA area to see him, his tow older sisters and their parents of course.

Actually Sue and I did already make a family trip this year. Back in late January we went down to Astoria Oregon to welcome a new granddaughter, Flora, into the world. Momma and baby girl are doing well and I'll do some needed bragging in a future post.

I did write a post in October but my time to write went south when I agreed to finish the remaining term of a fellow Mason who was our local Deputy of the Grand Master for Dist. Ten. They picked me because I've been the Deputy before and I wasn't bright enough to say NO. Well, that's not actually true, it was a job needing to be done and I knew the ropes so it was better to bring in experience (me) than  to throw someone new into the deep end of the pool.
Anyway I've been pretty busy but tonight I found some time.

Here at Berryridge Farm Sue is also busy. She is just putting the finishing touches to her next novel, again set in Ireland. I'll post a photo of the cover in a few days I hope. In my October 2014 post I told y'all about the cool Fan Tour Sue and I are going on this coming June. We've got our Passports and TSA Pre-check #'s and flights all set. This tour is going to be really fun, I'll take lots of pics and Sue will do research along the way. I'm sure the Willis Clan will be fun to hang with and they're so talented, it's a bit unreal.

Well I'll post this for now but I will likely return to stick in a few pictures. So long for now ~ John

No comments: