Tuesday, October 28, 2014

It's the Fall Now!

Wow! It's already Fall and it seems I could not find the time to write blog posts since the Spring. But in truth, I could not get back into my blog because my sign-in was based on an old email address. It was just so frustrating. I won't waste time venting cause I'm sure many of you out there in Blog Land have had similar problems.

Back in March, I think it was, I tried to catch up on the trials and tribulations of the Browne Family. I mentioned that my son was the victim of a head-on car crash on December 31 of 2012 and that I spent some 6 weeks helping him get from horizontal to vertical. Thank-the-maker and the fact that he was one tough Marine, he made it and is doing fine, under the circumstances of having been in a bad crash that is.

The family trials did not end there. About the time I was getting ready to head back North from Phoenix, I got a call from my brother who told me my sister Becky's cancer was back and he informed me that she decided not to go through more treatments. Once I was back home in WA State my wife Sue and I visited Becky in the care facility she was in in Yakima WA. My daughter Sasha flew up the LA area and brother Sid's son Luke and family alos joined us for a family goodbye while Becky was still able to converse and enjoy her family one last time. This was about the second week of March, 2013. The visit was good under the circumstances and Becky had prepared herself, better than we had I dare say. A week or so later my brother called to report that Becky had passed on March 21st, 2013.

More recently my Aunt Moyne Browne, the wife of my Uncle Jim Browne, my father's youngest brother, passed away on October 1st, 2014. My Uncle Jim and my two cousins, Cyd Marie Bishop and Barry Browne and their families held a Celebration of Life Service in remembrance of Aunt Moyne. Elizabeth Price, Moyn'es older sister read a wonderful account of elements of  Moyne's life. Cousin Cyd also recounted her thoughts of growing up with her mom, where there were highs and lows but in the end the love never dimmed. Several others of us shared a few brief stories, it was a moving experience for me as I'm sure it was for everyone present.

The last two years have really transformed the landscape of my life. My birth family, which numbered five is now down to two, my brother Sid and me. Yes, we have families of our own but the comfort of parents is gone as is our sister. None the less we'll keep on.

No comments: